Thursday, January 3, 2019

six months with m&m.





Six months with the sweetest twins on the planet. How did I get so lucky??

-The twins take 3 solid naps a day.  They are up about 90 minutes in between naps now, except we torture them in the evenings and have them stay up a few hours before bed.  

-They tried SOLIDS for the first time on Christmas morning at Grammy's house.  She fed them avocado and they were...indifferent.  We've tried some banana, pear, and apple since then and they love it.  Just working on not being so messy while taking bites :)

-Mila got her first bottom tooth the other day!  She is so sweet and showed no signs of teething, but I figured out a tooth was there once she bit me HARD during a nursing session.  She did a couple more times, but hasn't in the past day.  Hoping that've over because OUCH that hurt.

The girls are getting a tiny bit more mobile - rolling over from tummy to back more often, kicking their little legs, but no scooting yet.  I'm happy to have them non-mobile for as long as they like!  Can't imagine two crawling babies.

The girls look more and more different as they get older but people still often ask if they are identical.  

Still nursing and bottle feeding every three hours.  Mila gets up once or twice a night and Meg gets up once around 4.  They sleep until about 7 in the morning.  My babies usually don't sleep through the night after four months until they turn one, so I'm not expecting them to anytime soon!  Someday I will sleep all night again!

Mila finally started to babble this month!  Meg had been for a couple months so we were waiting for her turn.  She loves to stick her pointer finger in her mouth and "talk" to us. 

They are almost all grown out of their 0-3 month clothes, they are just too tall for them.  

They are starting to fill out more!  Especially Mila.  I remember praying for them to hit 5 pounds.  Every single day I'm so thankful for how healthy they are growing.

They started getting to use their "jumper" activity toys and love them.  Grammy got them convertible car walker/jumpers and they love to cruise around the house with their big sisters pushing them.

I have yet to get really emotional about them growing up.  I'm usually a mess by this point each month!  I think this is a sign I'm definitely done having babies.  








No comments:

Post a Comment