Friday, June 22, 2018

my very last pregnancy update EVER.



To recap: My second trimester was as Kate would say: easy breezy lemon squeezy.  The nausea was gone, my bump wasn't too big, and I didn't really have heartburn or felt pregnant much at all unless I looked down at my growing bump.  It was also the trimester I started to get SUPER excited for these girls!  I could focus less on being sick and more on what was to come.  Towards the end I got pretty bad back pain, but compared to the nausea from the beginning it wasn't TOO big of a deal.  My doctors appointments and ultrasounds were always textbook perfect.  So, so thankful for that.

My third trimester.  Ohhh heavens.  It seemed like the second I hit 28 weeks the back pain got more and more intense and I had so much pelvic pressure.  It's definitely been a trial!  The past month I've spent the majority of my days on the couch or the bed.  I usually try to rest for 45 minutes, move around for 15, all day.  I am 35 weeks now and have most definitely never been more uncomfortable in my life!  There is constantly a baby in my ribs, and one on my bladder.  I also have braxton hicks contractions every 5-10 minutes most days. They are not painful but sure mess with my head!  I actually went to the hospital last Sunday night because they kept getting closer and closer together.  After Kate's birth I just don't mess around.  They did some tests on me and ruled out some things, and sent me home.  They said it's probably not labor unless I'm in pain.

As much as this stage of twin pregnancy is just plain physically and emotionally challenging, I cannot be more grateful that the twins have made it this far.  My #1 biggest fear was having them too early.  Although they are still a little early to come, they would be okay at this point!  I'm also grateful for how perfectly they are growing - they are measuring on the small side, but they said that is normal with twins.

So now - I wait!  Their room is set up, my hospital bags are packed, and my only job is to rest, eat, and drink water.  I will be induced at 38 weeks if they haven't come by then.  The plan is a C section unless both babies turn head down.  We are waiting on sweet baby B to get with the program on that - but honestly I've just kind of accepted I'll probably have a C section.

I really thought I'd be a heck of a lot more emotional about this pregnancy being my last.  I don't know if it's because they are twins, or because it's been my hardest pregnancy ever (this one honestly makes my singleton pregnancies seem like cake walks) but I am surprisingly at peace with this being the end of my pregnancy era, and these babies being my last.  I know I am beyond lucky to have gotten to do this a fourth time, and I don't take one kick in the rib for granted.

Here are some maternity photos Steve took of me at 32 weeks.  I was so uncomfortable but knew I'd be sad if I didn't document this stage of life one last time.










No comments:

Post a Comment