Thursday, August 30, 2018

month two with m&m.







Two sweet months with these precious babies.

The girls are growing like little weeds!  Emphasis on the word "little", considering they aren't even as big as my other three were at birth quite yet.  Meg is almost seven pounds and Mila is about 7.5 lbs.  I'm so used to their tiny-ness and forget until I hear a stranger ask me, "How many days old are they?"

The girls take about 3 naps a day, - early morning, mid morning, and afternoon.  During the evening they take cat naps and go down for the night somewhere around 8-9.  They usually get up twice a night to eat, but last night they only got up once.  Crossing my fingers it stays that way!  We are not on a set schedule quite yet, but they are getting more predictable.  Their days are typically: wake, nurse, play for about an hour, go down for nap.  

They can be pretty fussy in the evening, especially Mila.  We have found carrying her in the wrap, taking a bath, or some extra nursing calms her right down.  

The girls have been out and about much more this month, we tote them along just about wherever we go - they've been to church (the first hour since I'm not down with tandem feeding in public), lots of dates with mom and dad, (can't bear to leave them yet) big sister's school, parks, a wedding, & we have lots more fun coming up.  We have some trips planned that will be absolutely nuts with all the kids but I'm so excited.  

The girls are officially 100% breastfed and I am so happy and proud of it!  It was no easy feat getting to this point, but I knew how much I love nursing once I have it down so I'm glad I stuck with all the latching issues, pumping for supply, etc.  I usually nurse them one at a time since they are pretty quick at eating now, but if they both happen to wake up both starving I throw them on my twin Z pillow and they eat at the same time.  

The girls are still quite serious, but we have gotten a handful of quick smiles from each of them.  They are getting better at eye contact and are finally starting to show bits of personality. 

Meg is very calm, and Mila is more of a diva.  They are only two months old but seem to be quite opposite already!

Meg is super skinny and long, and Mila is a little shorter & filled out.  They are in between preemie and newborn clothes - but pretty much everything is baggy on them still.

They nap and sleep swaddled in their Snuggle Me Organic beds, but at least once a day I'll grab one of the babies during Ella's nap or while she watches a show and have them sleep on me.  It's one of my favorite things in the world.


I've said it before and I'll say it again - twins are magical.  I have to pinch myself daily because I can't believe I get to do this. These girls are loved so, so much and despite the lack of sleep and time I am always excited and ready to wake up and do it all over again.  













No comments:

Post a Comment